Saturday, April 5, 2008

GRANVILLE ISLAND PART TWO
The Aquabus was moored next to the dragon boats, and like the dragon boats, I was tempted to abscond with one. In the end only took a picture. These little guys motor around False Creek taking people from Granville Island to downtown.



Beside the houseboats is my alma mater, the Emily Carr Institute of Art & Design. I studied art and stuff there. Artists like to wear skinny pants.



Under the bridge.



The Public Market is one of the focal points of the Island. There are many treats inside!



Speaking of treats, I decided to stop by Olde World Fudge for some hand made chocolates to assuage Missus Ordo, who was not thrilled that I went off taking pictures again.



Salmon!



Met with my sister's corned beef hookup, Mike the Corned Beef Guy. He let me hold a big chunk of beef.



Had a lovely cuppa Masala Chai.



When I was a young art student, I would skip out at morning break and come down to the market to buy these donuts when they were still hot from the deep fryer. Tasty!



Fair warning for those ferrying food about. If you think that the Canadian Geese are the stupidest birds on Granville Island you would be wrong. It's the seagulls.



Outside the Market you can see the Burrard Street Bridge to the West.



The flowers are coming out.



Worked on some swing fades.



Hap pose in a scoop of some sort.



THE END

No comments: