Saturday, March 1, 2008

DAY TEN
Saturdays are always extremely busy days, with violin lessons, dance classes and auditions to get the little ones to, it is difficult to work some gratuitous denim shots in.

At any rate, as our esteemed denim mod is wont to point out, the Flat Head 3001s have a zipper fly, and not, in fact, a button one. They are the only denim pants that I own that have a zipper fly - actually that is not true - I do have one pair that I never wear that have a zipper. At any rate, a zipper can essentially be in one of two places - in the top position or in the bottom one. There are of course other intermediate states between these two extremes, but for all intents and purposes, your fly can be either up or down.

I bring this up because unaccustomed as I am to wearing a zip fly, it does not often occur to me to check its position. It is only much later, say after completion of a photo session, that one may notice such a thing. All that to say, my fly was down the entire time I was out taking these pictures, and for who knows how long before.

It is of particular interest in the first image, as I stand mirroring the stance of the "Welcoming Figure", placed by the Squamish Nation band on the shores of Ambleside Beach in West Vancouver. It stands with open arms to all who pass, inviting to "share the wealth of the land, the seas, the air"...and of course, the pants.



This shot is looking East towards the Lion's Gate Bridge, Stanley Park and downtown Vancouver.



This one is looking West towards Ambleside Beach and West Vancouver.



Ambleside Beach



I bid adieu with one more shot with open arms, open pants, and a rainbow?!? - you can almost hear the angelic choir sing.



THE END

No comments: